RainTech Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if I think I need a new roof?
- Call us for a free roof inspection!
How do I prepare before work begins?
- Remove all items from the home where roofing debris or bundles of shingles might fall. This includes autos, patio furniture, statues, potted plants, etc.
- Remove all loose/breakable items from walls and shelves: pictures, plates, figurines, keepsakes, etc. Constant hammering, walking, moving, and stacking of material may create vibration, dislodging such from walls and shelving.
- A SPECIAL CONCERN FOR HOMES BEING RE-DECKED!! The attic will be exposed while the deck is being replaced, therefore debris will accumulate in this area. Please remove or cover with plastic any valuables which you are concerned about. This will help to minimize your clean up of the dust and debris. We are not responsible for the clean up of the attic, so please take precautions.
- We will need access to your driveway when the materials are delivered and the work is in progress. Please park cars, trucks, boats etc. out of the driveway.
- Please notify your mortgage and/or insurance company the day the work begins on your home.
What should I expect during the installation?
- Be prepared for noise! Re-roofing is no small project. There will be constant hammering throughout the installation.
- Children and pets should be kept away from the work area.
- Occasionally, we must use power tools to cut decking or shingles. After we have done so, please check circuit breakers to determine that none were tripped.